On June 10, 2010 we started driving to Maryland. We set off at around 4:15pm and sadly I got backseat, again. The only entertainment I had was my d.s., my i-pod, and the PlayStation. That day we drove for North Carolina and right around 7:00pm we crossed the North Carolina border. In front of the border was this Mexican tourist trap. It had had some pretty amazing things there including a roller coaster (1), a water tower with a sombrero hat on top and some other cool things. We stayed at a Comfort Inn and Suites for the night. It was new and awesome.
The next day on June 11, 2010 we started driving to Dover, Delaware or as my family calls it double, doubleware. We started driving at the crack o' 9:00am and had a day of 7 hours ahead of us. Once again I was in the back seat. While we were driving I saw many grassy fields but they weren't attractive enough to get a picture of. (Sorry grassy fields). At around 10:15am we entered Virginia. In Virginia there are a lot of old, small homes that looked pretty cute but I wasn't lucky enough to get some pictures. I've learned 2 things:
1) there are a lot of farm land in Virginia
2) this is coolWe had to drive on a really long bridge to get into Delaware and the view of the ocean was awesome but I didn't get any pics. While we crossed the bridge we went in a tunnel that my parents said was under water. We had lunch at a place called the Sage Diner where I had the biggest burger of my life. At around 3:30pm we got to Delaware. A couple hours later we got into Dover and met up with the Hafers. Mr. Hafer was my dad's old work buddy and we had dinner with them after we got settled into our hotel. We ate at a place called Bob Evan's. I had 3 good mini burgers and smiley fries.
When everyone got there we hugged and said hi and then my family showed everyone around the house because we were the first ones there. When everyone was there and settled we swam in the pool until dinner. After dinner we went out to the dock and fished. We caught tiny fish and the biggest was about 7 inches long. Sarah really enjoyed fishing and swimming. She was the one who got the biggest tan out of everyone when we left.
On the 4th day we swam in the pool again and had a water balloon fight. Me, Josh, and Rachel made the water balloons and we had a fun time doing it too. We let some balloons explode and Iain tried to fill one with root beer but it didn't work. I barely got hit and I didn't really hit that many people. It got cloudy and it started raining so we had to go inside. While we were inside we made bird houses and played some other games. After we took our showers and got dressed me, Lauren, and Kate went into our room and we have a balcony so with the wind and everything the door kept on opening and every time that it did we would scream and the shut the door and then it would happen again. After it stopped raining we went fishing and barely caught anything except little fishes.
On the 5th day we drove to Annapolis and walked around in the blazing sun. It took a while to get there but when we got close to our destination we stopped to look at some things about some type of war memorial. I got some cool pics too, enjoy.
When we walked back to our car we saw this moth which later on after this picture was taken Uncle Jeff stepped on it.
Finally after our last drive we got to our destination. In the parking lot you could see some boats in the water and it looked so pretty. It was cool that they had a water taxi. The scenery was so beautiful.
I saw this poor little abandoned bunny and I just had to snap a pic of it. I actually wanted to take it but I got talked out of it.
After we got sunscreen on we finally started walking. first we walked to a Navy Information Center and I got this cool picture of the pirates vs. the British or at least I think so.
Then we hit the Maryland State House and on our way there I saw the way that people used to wash their clothes and when we got to the state house I got a cool picture of a canon(Sorry it was blurry).
When we got back to our vacation house we swam for a little while and then went in for bed and so we could take a shower.
On the sixth day we went to Washington D.C. We had to take a subway to get to Washington D.C. and it was so much fun. Especially that we got to ride above and underground. We rode on the subway to a pretty far away place. We walked awhile to an awesome restaurant that I got to get lots of pictures at.
After we ate we headed off to the monuments. My favorite monument had to be the Lincoln Memorial it was awesome. I also got a picture of the Washington Memorial.
After we went to see the monuments we went to two of the museums from the Smithsonian. First we went to the Air and Space museum.
Then we went to the Natural History Museum. We went to the gems exhibit and the dinosaurs and fossil exhibit.
After we looked at the museums we headed home and had to go to bed like once we got home because we got home so late.
The next day we swam in the pool and relaxed at home. While we were swimming in the pool Sarah actually swam for the first time without a life jacket and in the deep end to. After a little while of swimming we all went down to the dock to fish. There are 3 stories I want to tell you about the fishing. 1st mine. So here I am with the smallest fishing pole. I've been getting a few nibblesfor a while but then the bobber went fully down so my dad told me to start reeling it in. I start reeling it in and then it starts getting really hard to pull it in. So my dad and my uncle have to take over and even they can't stop it. Then suddenly we here this buzzing sound and the line snaps.
Then comes Lauren's story. Alright so Lauren was fishing and a big catfish bites her line then she starts to real it in and it was big! It was also the first fish that she ever caught(or at least that's what she tells me). She did a great job.
Then it's Iain's story. Iain was fishing and then he got a bite. His pole was bending so much it looked like an upside down j. Then Iain starts reeling in, and it looked hard. Finally when he almost got the fish in and we see it plain as day and it was a big one then all of a sudden the line snapped. Iain was so mad. We could still see the bobber from Iain's pole.
On the 8th day We swam and had delicious ice cream. That day in the pool we had a butt bomb competition. It hurt, trust me. We had lots of fun in the pool that day and Lauren even got better at her dives. She used to just belly flop but now she doesn't.
Next on the 9th day me, Lauren, and Kate had a fashion show. Kate was the announcer, Lauren designed the outfits and I was the model. There were 4 outfits Beachy Beautiful, Dazzling Surprise, PJ Perfect, and World Peace. The outfits were so cute. We also watched a soccer tournament called the FIFA world cup. US so should have won! It was all that jank reffs fault! After we got over that we watched a movie. It was the bombshizzle! It's called Madagascar 2 Escape to Africa. At night before we went to bed me Lauren and Kate went out to the dock and watched the sunset.
On the last day in the house I was sad when we left becuase that would be the last time we would see them in a while. When we were about only 5 minutes away from our house we got rear ended. It didnt hurt but I was suprised and just for that we didnt get home on time.
I will never forget the time we stayed in that house and got to play with my cousins.
Well done Jessie! You've got a great memory of what we all did,,,great storytelling (I do feel sorry for the grassy fields)! I'll have to get my pics of the trip on our blog soon. We miss you!
ReplyDelete